WHAT´S THE EDUCATIONAL AND INSTITUTIONAL ACCREDITATION?
Accreditation is review of the quality of universities, educational institutes, vocational institutions, colleges, schools, distance learning centers, lifelong learning centers, online courses, corporations, agencies, professionals and instructors. In all over the world, accreditation is a major way that students, families, government officials, and the press know that an institution or program provides a quality education.
Accreditation may be either institutional or programmatic, and is a voluntary, comprehensive, and objective process of outside peer review to determine whether an institution or program meets the standards of the accrediting body in institutional and/or educational quality and effectiveness. The EAHEA, provides institutional accreditation for its members.
Whether a college, school, university, distance learning center or program is accredited is important:
• Students who want governmental (and sometimes association, organization) grants and loans need to attend a university, school, college, distance learning center, online course or program that is accredited.
• Employers ask if a university, school, college, distance learning center, online course or program is accredited before deciding to provide tuition assistance to current employees, evaluating the credentials of new employees, or making a charitable contribution.
• The government requires that a university, school, college, distance learning center, online course or program be accredited in order to be eligible for grants and loans or other funds.
• Governments require that a university, school, college, distance learning center, online course or program be accredited when they make state funds available to students or institutions and when they allow students to sit for government licensure examinations in some professional fields.
• Accreditation is a complicated subject. "Informing the Public About Accreditation" is an effort to reduce this complexity and provide the public with answers to these basic questions:What is Accredited? Why is Accreditation Important?