DOCTOR OF EXCELLENCE
Doctor of Excellence Honoris Causa (Excellentia Doctor)
A Recognition of Professional Excellence
The Excellentia Doctor is a professional recognition that provides an independent quality assurance reference for highly qualified professionals from all fields, for those who strive for personal excellence, and who becomes a motivating example in their communities. The Doctor of Excellence Honoris Causa is a recognized mark of professional excellence and ability, outstanding professional career, services to humankind, and international achievements.
The Doctor of Excellence Honoris Causa
A Doctor of Excellence or Excellentia Doctor (Latin:´for the sake of Excellence´) is not an academic degree, consequently, the usual academic requirements of a doctorate are waived. The Doctor of Excellence is an honorary degree that may be considered to have the same standing and to grant the same privileges and style of address as the Doctor Honoris Causa. In practice, however, such degrees tend to be popularly considered not to be of the same standing as academic doctorates, except where the recipient has demonstrated an appropriate level of academic scholarship.
Recipients of an honorary doctorate such as the Excellentia Doctor may if they wish adopt the title of "doctor". In many countries, including the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and the United States, it is now a matter of personal preference should an honorary doctor use the formal title of "doctor", regardless of the background circumstances for the award. The recipient of an honorary degree should always be made clear that the degree is honorary. For example:
- Dr. Anna Brown (D.Hon.Ex.)
- Dr. Anna Brown, Doctor of Excellence (H.C.)
- Dr. Anna Brown, Doctor of Excellence (Honoris Causa)
- Hon. Dr. Anna Brown, Doctor of Excellence
- HonD. Anna Brown, Doctor of Excellence
How is The Doctor of Excellence Eligibility Evaluated?
The minimum age to apply for the Doctor of Excellence is 30 years. For the evaluation of the candidate, to validate the admissibility to the Doctor of Excellence award, the commission established a standard based on the HPS™ (EAHEA Honorary Point System). Eligibility is based on the critical reading of the candidate´s Curriculum Vitae. To obtain the Doctorate of Excellence, at least 120 HPS™ must be obtained. To avoid discrimination of any kind, the commission assesses the merits of the candidate regarding any area of knowledge, art, culture, professions, science, sport, without any social, religious, political, or citizenship discrimination.
The HPS™ are assigned based on the candidate´s CV without distinction of the cultural area and can be assigned for human, social, artistic, literary, scientific, technological, literary merits. Reaching the necessary HPS™ does not oblige European Agency for Higher Education and Accreditation to confer the Doctor of Excellence Honoris Causa.
Some examples of distribution of credit points based on the interpretation of the CV and documentary evidence:
- Age:15 to 35 HPS™, Divide age by 2
- Leadership:5 to 20 HPS™, 1 HPS™ per year in managerial positions
- Doctorate Education:30 HPS™ for each doctorate degree
- Postgraduate Education:20 HPS™ for each postgraduate degree
- Bachelor´s Degrees:10 HPS™ for each bachelor degree
- Associate´s Degrees:5 HPS™ for each associate degree
- Professional Licenses or Certifications:1 to 5 HPS™ for each
- Instruction, Teaching and/or Academic Experience:1 to 5 HPS™ for each
- Honors, Awards, and Other Recognition:1 to 5 HPS™ each
- Publications, Books, Research and Articles:1 to 5 HPS™ for each
- Social Assistance and Humankind Services:5 to 20 HPS™
- Other Professional and/or International Achievements:5 to 20 HPS™
- Language Skills:5 to 10 HPS™
- Digital Skills:5 to 10 HPS™
Costs & Procedures for the Doctor of Excellence Award
The steps for the conferment of a Doctor of Excellence are:
- Submit the Application Form, Curriculum Vitae, and documents to the EAHEA Secretary in electronic format.
- The EAHEA Secretary will instruct about your initial eligibility for this award.
- If the EAHEA Secretary endorses your eligibility you will be required to pay the fee.
- Once the fee has been paid, your documents will be distributed among the Commission members. It takes two to four weeks to get the response from the Commission Members.
- The EAHEA Secretary will register the votes required for the conferment of the award.
- The Doctor of Excellence will not be awarded until the required fees have been paid.
- The Doctor of Excellence Award is conferred in the form of two diplomas:The Excellentia Doctor (Latin version) and the Doctor of Excellence (English version).
Sample English Diploma
Sample Latin Diploma