EAHEA Membership (For Institutes, Organizations, Individuals)
EAHEA is a non-governmental, independent, and international quality assurance, rating, and accreditation agency that has hundreds of member institutes and institutions active in the field of education and training. The great majority of its members are educational institutes and vocational institutions that operate in many different ways, although the EAHEA also welcomes (as associate, affiliate, and observer members) other organizations and individuals that have an interest in the field of education.
What Are The Membership Categories?
EAHEA offers four categories of membership: Full Membership, Associate Membership, Affiliate Membership, and Observer Membership.
1. Full Membership: This type of membership is suitable for institutional candidates operating in the field of education. It could be a university, institute, institution, college, school, corporation, distance/lifelong learning center, online course, etc. that uses traditional or online education methods. Full Membership also means Accredited Membership and is suitable for educational institutes, companies, and organizations that wish to obtain an Accreditation Certificate. For detailed information, please use the Accreditation pages in the top menu.
2. Associate Membership: This type of membership is suitable for institutional candidates operating in the field of education. Institutions and organizations that are not eligible for Institutive Accreditation (Full or Online),cannot meet the accreditation criteria, or not having enough budget for Institutive Accreditation can become members of EAHEA by choosing this membership type and benefit from all membership benefits. If you want to apply for Program Accreditation, Course Accreditation, or ECTS Certification, you should be an Associate Member of the EAHEA. Just so you know, this membership service is valid for 1 year, must be renewed annually for a fee, and is not equal to an accreditation service.
3. Affiliate Membership: This type of membership is suitable for individual candidates. It could be a teacher, trainer, scholar, researcher, academic, employer, professional staff, etc. with a major commitment and interest in evaluation, accreditation, and quality assurance in tertiary education. Just so you know, this membership service is valid for 1 year, must be renewed annually for a fee, and is not equal to an accreditation service.
4. Observer Membership: This type of membership is suitable for organizational candidates. It could be an association, agency, government or non-governmental organization, not-for-profit corporation, partnership, cooperative, etc. with a major commitment and interest in evaluation, accreditation, and quality assurance in tertiary education. Just so you know, this membership service is valid for 1 year, must be renewed annually for a fee, and is not equal to an accreditation service.
What Are The Benefits Of EAHEA Membership?
As an EAHEA member, you can share in the delights of learning and expanding your knowledge base. The benefits of EAHEA Membership are:
- Receive the EAHEA Membership Certificate valid for one year.
- Use the EAHEA Member Logo on your website and promotional material, for as long as you are a member.
- Get a free subscription to regional and international publications of EAHEA.
- Develop different kinds of collaborations across the distinguished network of Quality Assurance Agencies and Higher Education Institutes through EAHEA events.
- Meet, communicate, and collaborate with your peers within the quality community through a variety of networking opportunities.
- Co-organize international seminars, webinars, workshops, or events together with EAHEA in your local context.
- Receive the electronic EAHEA Newsletter twice every year and the Annual Report.
- Write industry-related articles that will be included in EAHEA's newsletter & blog section.
- Participate in the EAHEA Annual Conference and Online Forum with special discounted prices for members.
- Have the right to apply for free to EAHEA's Online Courses with certificates of completion. (
- Have the right to apply for free to the Quality Certification service. (
How to Join the EAHEA?
Click here and complete the online application form and make your payment using credit card or bank/wire transfer. Membership applications take between 1-2 working days to process and can take longer during busier periods before the annual congress. Please ensure you submit your application within plenty of time including any required additional information.
Who can Join the EAHEA?
European Agency for Higher Education and Accreditation (EAHEA) Membership application is open to institutions, organizations, and individuals.
Am I Eligible for EAHEA Membership?
Depending on the membership category you want to apply for; Click here for Associate Membership, here for Affiliate Membership, here for Observer Membership. You will find detailed information on the page that will open.
What Are The Membership Fees?
All membership costs are according to the World Bank Country Income Classification, and additional discounts may be applied depending on the economic situation of the country where you live or operate. For membership fees, please visit the Online Application Page, select your location, and click the Apply Now button in the service box you are interested.
The Secretariat sends out the invoices early in the year, normally in January. The fee is always paid for one calendar year (January until December). New members should make the first year's payment while applying. Members whose fees are in arrears by more than a year will not benefit from membership rights until they have paid their fees. When the fee invoices are sent, early in the year, members one year in arrears (i.e. who have not paid for the previous year) are informed that they now owe two years' fees. Any members three years in arrears when the invoices are sent are informed that if they do not pay by a specified date (about a month ahead),they will be removed from the database, and this is implemented, with no further action.
EAHEA Membership does not mean that the institution/organization's services have been evaluated or endorsed by EAHEA, or that EAHEA has decided on the institution/organization's service quality or competency in performing services.
EAHEA Memberships are valid for 1 year, must be renewed annually for a fee, and are not equal to the accreditation services. If you want to get Accreditation from EAHEA, you should review and apply to the Institutive Accreditation service. Being a member of EAHEA does not give you the right to accreditation and you are not considered an accredited member. Also, being a member does not affect the outcome of your accreditation application.